FINAL SCORE: Lindenwood-Belleville 6, Apprentice School 1
RECORDS: Lindenwood-Belleville 37-14; Apprentice School 28-13
EVENT: USCAA Small College World Series – Jacksonville, IL.
SEEDING: Lindenwood-Belleville (2); Apprentice School (4)
IN BRIEF: Second-seeded Lindenwood-Belleville rode a two-hitter from Mike Wuelling to knock the Builders into the elimination bracket at the USCAA Small College World Series with a 6-1 decision on Wednesday afternoon.
ON THE FIELD
- The Lynx jumped out with a run in the second inning as Jake Degener singled and went to second as Connor Allen reached on an error. After Drew Fair was hit by a pitch to load the bases, Sean Keeney reached on a fielder's choice to score Degener.
- In the fourth, the Lynx broke the game open with four runs as Christian Cavaness doubled in a pair of runs, Kyle Forsyth singled in Cavaness and the fourth scored on an error.
- They pushed the lead to 6-0 as Degener opened the fifth reaching on an error and scoring on a double from Connor Allen.
- Apprentice School scored a run in the top of the seventh as with one out, Ryan Hendrickson was hit by a pitch. Three straight walks to Darius Harris, Zach Harding and Trevin Wilson allowed Hendrickson to score.
BEHIND THE BOXSCORE
- Chris Aldridge had a sixth inning single and Wilson had a third inning single for the lone hits by the Builders.
- Ryland Edwards took the loss for the Builders throwing 3.2 innings with five hits and four strikeouts.
NEXT UP – Cincinnati-Clermont/Victory
The Builders will play in the third place game tomorrow at 11 am CST against the winner of the final game of Wednesday between Cincinnati-Clermont and Victory University.