FINAL SCORES: Apprentice School 4, Bridgewater St. 1
Apprentice School 8, Miami Univ.-Hamilton 3
RECORDS: Apprentice School 6-3, Bridgewater St. 0-1; Miami-Hamilton 0-1
LOCATION: Vero Beach, FL.
BOXSCORES: Game One Box
IN BRIEF: Junior Mark Labrador had himself a productive Saturday as he drove in seven runs as the Builders took two wins to finish its annual trip to Vero Beach, Florida winning four of its six games in the Sunshine State.
GAME 1 - Bridgewater State
- In the opener against Bridgewater State, the Builders got on the board in the third with a pair of runs on a triple by Mark Labrador. In the fifth, Labrador hit a single to drive in Jordan Wright who reached on an error to start the inning.
- The Builders made the margin 4-0 in the seventh as with two outs, Labrador singled, stole second and scored on a double from Brian Belvin.
- Freshman Jonathan Long went seven innings allowing four hits and no runs for his second win of the year. Labrador was 3-for-4 with three RBI to lead the team at the plate.
GAME 2 - Miami University-Hamilton
- In game two against Miami University-Hamilton, the Builders got a pair of runs in the first inning as Labrador doubled in Brock Harris who reached on an error to start the inning. Belvin followed with a double to score Labrador.
- In the second inning with two outs, Jordan Wright was hit by a pitch and stole second before Harris drew a walk. Labrador then struck for a three-run home run which helped propel the Builders to a 5-0 lead.
- After giving up single runs in the third and fourth to the Harriers, the Builders got two back in the fifth as singles by Labrador and Ryan Hendrickson sandwiched a walk to Belvin to load the bases for Lee Rossi who doubled in two for a 7-2 lead. In the seventh Belvin roped a one-out double and scored on a single by Hendrickson.
- Colton Copeland took the win on the mound throwing 6.1 innings allowing seven hits and two runs. Labrador and Hendrickson were 3-for-4 apiece while Labrador added four RBIs to his total for the day.
NEXT UP - Penn State Mont Alto
The Builders are scheduled to hit the home field for the first time in almost a month on March 12 when they face Penn State Mont Alto at 1pm for a doubleheader.