FINAL SCORE: Saint Vincent 11, Apprentice School 8
RECORDS: Saint Vincent 5-3; Apprentice School 8-6
LOCATION: War Memorial Stadium/Hampton, VA
IN BRIEF: A pair of two-run innings in the eighth and ninth helped lead Saint Vincent College to an 11-8 win over The Apprentice School on Sunday morning.
HOW THEY SCORED
- Apprentice School jumped out quickly with a pair of runs in the top of the first as Brock Harris started the inning with a bunt single and stole second before scoring on a RBI single from Ryan Hendrickson. Lee Rossi followed with a single and then Collin Wilber smacked a single to left to score Hendrickson.
- After giving up a run in the top of the second, the Builders put up four in the bottom of the second as Mark Labrador hit a two-run double to left to score Jordan Cowles and Aaron Carter. Hendrickson followed with a two-run single to left to plate Labrador and Harris.
- In the third, the Builders scratched a run to lead 7-1 as Cowles started with an infield single and went to second on another infield single from Harris. AFter a fly out, Hendrickson doubled to left to score Cowles.
- The Bearcats started clawing back with five runs in the fourth with Luke Fox topping that with a three-run home run to left field. They tied the game at 7-all in the fifth as Eddie Kilkeary started with a triple and scored on a John Malone single.
- Apprentice School took an 8-7 lead in the sixth as Lee Rossi advanced on a wild pitch after striking out and went to second on a Colin Wilber single to right-center. Christian Burton reached on a fielders choice before Mike Brumfield singled through the left side to score Rossi.
- In the eighth, the Bearcats took advantage of two unearned runs and in the ninth a two run single from Dylan Kugler put the guests up 11-8.
BEHIND THE BOXSCORE
- Hendrickson topped the team at the plate going 3-for5 with four RBI. Harris, Wilber and Cowles had two hits each.
- Fox and Malone had three hits each for the Bearcats as Fix had three RBI and Malone had two. Kugler, Chris Winkler and Matt Lofts added two hits for Saint Vincent.
The Builders now face NCAA Division III fourth-ranked Salisbury University in a 2pm start on Tuesday at War Memorial Stadium.