FINAL SCORE: Salisbury 10, Apprentice School 1
RECORDS: Salisbury 7-0; Apprentice School 8-7
LOCATION: War Memorial Stadium/Hampton, VA
IN BRIEF: The fourth-ranked Sea Gulls scored in each of the last five innings to pull away from the Builders for a 10-1 win on Tuesday afternoon.
HOW THEY SCORED
- The Builders scored first in the bottom of the first inning as Brock Harris started with an infield single and advanced to second as Mark Labrador also had an infield single. Ryan Hendrickson followed with a single to left field to score Harris for the early advantage.
- In the top of the second, the Sea Gulls tied the game on a run scoring single from Tyler Hrycek to score Alex Lipman who started the inning with a single. They scratched another run in the third as Pete Grasso reached on a fielder's choice to score Jake Dmiterchik.
- An RBI double from Jordan Gowe and a RBI single from Bobby Sanzone gave the Sea Gulls a 4-1 lead in the fifth before Dmiterchik scored Austin Barefoot on a sacrifice fly in the sixth as Salisbury went up 5-1.
- The guests put up a three-spot in the seventh inning on a bases loaded walk to Lipman, a single by Danny Breen and the third scored on a double play. In the eighth, Gowe drove in his second run with a single up the middle while Salisbury played an unearned run in the ninth for the 10-1 win.
BEHIND THE BOXSCORE
- Hendrickson and Harris had three hits apiece, while Lee Rossi had two for the Builders. Hendrickson was 3-for-4, while Harris was 3-for-5. Taylor Gomer took the loss dropping his record to 2-1 on the year.
- Gowe was the leading hitter for the Sea Gulls going 4-for-5 with two RBI and two runs scored. Ryan Daiss took the win throwing seven innings and allowing nine hits with 11 strikeouts.
Apprentice School will host College of St. Joseph's (VT) on Thursday night starting at 5:30 pm at War Memorial Stadium for the first of three games against the Saints.