FINAL SCORE: Apprentice School 4, Thomas Nelson CC 2
RECORDS: Apprentice School 18-12; Thomas Nelson CC 7-16
LOCATION: War Memorial Stadium/Hampton, VA
IN BRIEF: Three Builders had two hits apiece as the Apprentice School defeated Thomas Nelson CC 4-2 on Thursday at War Memorial Stadium.
HOW THEY SCORED
- After three scoreless innings, Lee Rossi started the fourth inning smashing a 1-1 pitch over the left field wall for a 1-0 early Apprentice School lead.
- The Builders put another run on the board in the bottom of the fifth as Cody Norris started with a double to right center and he scored two outs later on a Brock Harris single to right field.
- In the sixth, the Builders put up a two-spot as Rossi started with a single to left and scored on a double down the left field line from Christian Burton. After he stole third, Burton scored on a two-out single from Norris to give the hosts a 4-0 lead.
- The Gators got their runs in the ninth inning as Michael Liburd tripled in Jahleel Sewer and he later scored on a sacrifice fly from Teddy Bachert.
BEHIND THE BOXSCORE
- The Builders used nine pitchers in the contest and allowed five hits with nine strikeouts as a staff. Steven Conley earned the win as he threw a seven-pitch inning with one strikeout. He is now 2-0 on the year.
- Rossi, Burton and Norris were each 2-for-4 with a run scored and drove in a run apiece to lead the Builders at the plate.
- Liburd had two of the four hits for Thomas Nelson CC (7-16) as he was 2-for-3 with a walk, a run scored and a run driven in. Caleb Hertzler went the distance for the Gators allowing nine hits with one strikeout.
NEXT UP - VIRGINIA STATE
The Builders return to War Memorial Stadium on Tuesday for a 1pm doubleheader against Virginia State University for the first two of three games against the Trojans next week.