|Illinois Tech||Chicago, IL||1||21-9||Scott Marks||Roster||Statistics||Schedule|
|Penn St. Greater Allegheny||White Oak, PA||2||30-7||Mark Jackson||Roster||Statistics||Schedule|
|Tennessee Temple University||Chattanooga, TN||3||19-9||Greg Bartley||Roster||Statistics||Schedule|
|Rochester College (MI)||Rochester Hills, MI||4||18-14||Ryan Chipka||Roster||Statistics||Schedule|
|The Apprentice School||Newport News, VA||5||24-13||Bryan Cave||Roster||Statistics||Schedule|
|College of St. Joseph's (VT)||Rutland, VT||6||36-31||Bob Godlewski||Roster||Statistics||Schedule|
|Univ. Cincinnati-Clermont||Batavia, OH||7||19-14||Keith Bauman||Roster||Statistics||Schedule|
|Penn St. Beaver||Monaca, PA||8||19-16||Jack Hilfinger||Roster||Statistics||Schedule|
|St. Joseph's College-Brooklyn||Brooklyn, NY||9||21-16||Jerold Sidman||Roster||Statistics||Schedule|
|Penn St. Schuylkill||Schuylkill Haven, PA||10||16-11||Grant Yoder||Roster||Statistics||Schedule|
The Builders will serve as the host team for the 2015 United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA) Small College World Series running May 13-16 at War Memorial Stadium. Apprentice School will play in the 6:30pm game on May 13 when they face Rochester College (MI).
Tickets for the tournament are $7 general admission, $5 for military, senior citizens and students, $3 children, $20 for a four-day pass and $10 for a Saturday only pass. For group ticket information, please contact Shera White at 757-380-7576.
The tournament starts with Home Run Derby on May 12 starting at 7:30 pm at Woodside High School with free admission to the derby.
Updated Tournament Schedule
2015 USCAA Small College World Series
All Games at War Memorial Stadium in Hampton
Wednesday, May 13
Game 1: #8-seed Penn State Beaver (19-16) vs. #9-seed St. Joseph's College-Brooklyn (21-16), 8:30 am
Game 2: #7-seed University of Cincinnati-Clermont (19-14) vs. #10-seed Penn State Schuylkill (16-11), 11 am
Game 5: #3-seed Tennessee Temple University (19-9) vs. #6-seed College of St. Joseph's (VT/36-31), 1:30 pm
Game 4: Winner Game 1 vs. #1-seed Illinois Tech (21-9), 4 pm
Game 3: #4-seed Rochester College (MI/18-14) vs. #5-seed Apprentice School (22-13), 6:30 pm
Game 6: Winner Game 2 vs. #2-seed Penn State Greater Allegheny (30-7), 9 pm
Thursday, May 14
Game 7: Loser Game 1 v. Loser Game 3, 8:30 am
Game 8: Loser Game 2 v. Loser Game 5, 11 am
Game 9: Winner Game 4 v. Winner Game 3, 1:30 pm
Game 10: Winner Game 5 v. Winner Game 6, 4 pm
Game 11: Winner Game 7 v. Loser Game 4, 6:30 pm
Game 12: Winner Game 8 v. Loser Game 6, 9 pm
Friday, May 15
Game 13: Winner Game 11 v. Loser Game 10, 9 am
Game 14: Winner Game 12 v. Loser Game 9, 11:30 am
Game 15: Winner Game 9 v. Winner Game 10, 2 pm
Game 16: Winner Game 13 v. Winner Game 14, 4:30 pm
Saturday, May 16
Game 17: Winner Game 16 v. Loser Game 15, 11 am
Game 18: Winner Game 17 v. Winner Game 15, 2:30 pm
Game 19: if necessary, 30 minutes after
- First-time entries in the USCAA National Championships include: Illinois Tech, Tennessee Temple, College of St. Joseph's (VT), Penn State Schuylkill.
- Apprentice School has made every tournament since 2000 having won the title in 2007, finished second three times and third five times including the last two years.
- The last time the Builders hosted the USCAA Nationals here at War Memorial Stadium was in 2009 when they finished third. In 2008, the Builders also hosted and finished second to Columbia Union College (now named Washington Adventist University).
- Only one other past national champion is in the 10-team field: University of Cincinnati-Clermont won the championship in 2013 and was runner-up in 2014.
- The only team the Builders faced that is in the USCAA Championships this year is sixth-seeded College of St. Joseph's (VT) and the Builders won two of three in a mid-March series.
Apprentice School Notes
- The Builders enter the tournament winners of their last five games and nine of their last 10.
- Mark Labrador started the year with a 15-game hitting streak and after two games without a hit has gone on an 18-game hitting streak. In that 15-game hitting streak, Labrador was hitting at a .491 clip. For the year, Labrador has had 15 multi-hit games and 11 multi-RBI games.
- Ryan Hendrickson started the season reaching base in the first 28 games and going back to 2014 was a 30-game streak. On the year, Hendrickson has had 15 multi-hit games and eight multi-RBI games.
- Brock Harris has hit leadoff for most of the season and comes in with a .357 batting average while leading the team with 16 stolen bases. He has had 14 multi-hit games and five multi-RBI games this season.
- The Builders went 12-2 against USCAA opponents this year with Labrador batting .435 and Christian Burton at .432. Apprentice School hit .345 in 14 games and outscored opponents 115-36, while opponents batted .220.
- On the mound against USCAA opponents, the Builders had a 2.40 ERA with Mike Brumfield and Taylor Gomer each recording 3-0 records and Johnathan Long at 2-1. Brumfield had a 1.93 ERA with 21 strikeouts in 23.1 innings, while Gomer had a 2.12 ERA with 31 strikeouts and four walks in 17 innings. Long was in between them with a 2.11 ERA and 16 strikeouts in 21.1 innings.