FINAL SCORE: Apprentice School 25, Illinois Tech 10
RECORDS: Apprentice School 29-14; Illinois Tech 24-10
SEEDINGS: Apprentice School #5; Illinois Tech #1
LOCATION: War Memorial Stadium/Hampton, VA
IN BRIEF: In a record-smashing game one, the Apprentice School forced a winner-take-all championship game with a 25-10 victory over Illinois Tech on Saturday afternoon.
- Illinois Tech Michael Malfeo tied a tournament record with two home runs as he was 2-for-4 with 5 RBIs. That mark had been done five times before with Thomas McKenna of St. Joseph's-Brooklyn doing it last year against Victory University.
- Apprentice School's Lee Rossi was 3-for-4 with 3 RBIs and tied tournament record with 3 doubles. It had been done twice before with Matt Marshall of the Apprentice School doing it last against Florida College in 2007.
- The Builders smashed the tournament record for runs scored in a game with 25. The former record was 20 by Keystone College in 2004 against Central Maine CC.
- They also tied the tournament record for hits in a game with 27 that was set last year by Cincinnati-Clermont against LIndenwood-Belleville.
- The Builders broke the record for team RBIs with 23 as the old record was 18 by Keystone against Central Maine CC in 2004.
- Brock Harris tied the tournament record for runs scored in a game with five as Mike Karas of Penn State Beaver did the trick against Robert Morris-Springfield in 2012.
- Mark Labrador drove in five runs for the Builders going 2-for-4 with three runs scored. Christian Burton was 4-for-7 with four RBIs, while Jordan Cowles was 4-for-6 with three runs scored and two driven in for the Builders.
- Austin Boos was 3-for-6 for Illinois Tech, while Malfeo was 2-for-4 with five RBIs and his two home runs.