FINAL SCORE: Apprentice School 24, Maine-Presque Isle 5 (Game 1)
Apprentice School 1, Maine-Presque Isle 2 (Game 2)
RECORDS: Apprentice School 1-2; Maine-Presque Isle 1-3
LOCATION: War Memorial Stadium/Hampton, VA
IN BRIEF: Bats exploded in the first game as five Builders hit for extra bases and ten players drove in runs for a season high 24 runs scored. In game two, the Builders struggled at the plate with their only run coming at the bottom of the 7th inning.
- The Builders wasted no time getting on the board with a 3 run first inning thanks to a single by Hux and a Brumfield double.
- In the bottom of the third inning, the Builders scored 11 runs and lead 16-0 after three innings.
- The Apprentice School added 2 more runs in the fifth inning and 6 more runs in the sixth inning.
- Maine-Presque Isle added 3 runs in the top of the fifth inning and 2 runs in the top of the seventh.
- The Owls jumped out to an early 2-0 lead to start the first inning.
- The Builders were unable to get runners on base until the seventh inning.
- The Builders finally scored their lone run thanks to B. Harris grounding out to second and allowing Countiss to score.
NEXT UP: The Builders will play again Saturday, Feb. 20th at 1 p.m. against Penn State Mont Alto (Doubleheader). The two teams will again play Sunday at noon. Game are at War Memorial Stadium in Hampton, VA.