LOCATION: War Memorial Stadium- Hampton, VA
RECORD: The Apprentice School 14-17
SCORE: The Apprentice School 16, Thomas Nelson CC 7
IN BRIEF: The Builders wasted no time getting on the board scoring 4 runs in the first and 6 runs in the second inning. The starting lineup each had a least one hit with the biggest hit coming off the bat of Louis Picolo. Picolo hit a grand slam in the bottom of the second putting the Builders up 10-0. The Builders would go on to score in each of the next four innings.
ON THE FIELD:
- Brock Harris, Mike Brumfield, Colin Wilber and Thomas Richardson each had 2 hits
- Mark Labrador went 3-4 with 2 RBIs; Brumfield added 3 RBIs
- Louis Picolo 1-3, GS, 5 RBI
- Taylor Gomer earned the win, stricking out 3 batters
SCORE: The Apprentice School 4, Thomas Nelson 3
IN BRIEF: After trailing most of the game, the Builders were able to battle back scoring in each of the last 3 innings. Seniors Labrador and Wilber each drove in one run, helping the Builders come back and win 4-3.
ON THE FIELD:
- Brock Harris, Mike Brumfield and Corbin Hunt had 1 hit
- Mark Labrador and Jacob Countiss added 2 hits a piece
- Larbrador and Colin Wilber each had 1 RBI
The Builders next game is Tuesday, April 5th against the University of Mary Washington at 5:00 pm at War Memorial Stadium.
Be sure to check out www.gobuilders.com and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest Builder news, scores and updates.