LOCATION: War Memorial Stadium- Hampton, VA
RECORD: The Apprentice School 18-19, Virginia State 4-29
IN BRIEF: The Builders scored two runs in the bottom of the first inning to take an early lead against the Trojans. VA State was able to tie the game up scoring in the fourth and fifth inning. Mike Brumfield and Jacob Countiss drove in one run each to give the Builders the lead for good in the bottom of the fifth inning.
ON THE FIELD:
- Mike Brumfield went 2 for 2, 2b, 2 RBIs
- Jacob Countiss was 2 for 3, 1 RBI
- Mark Labrador and Darius Harris each added a hit
- Taylor Gomer pitched a complete game while striking out 7 batters
IN BRIEF: The Builders jumped out to an early lead scoring two runs in the bottom of the first inning. Again, VA State was able to tie the game up in the top of the fifth inning. The Builders scored three runs in the bottom of the fifth inning to take the lead.
ON THE FIELD:
- Cody Hendrickson went 2 for 3, 3 RBIs
- Brock Harris, Mark Labrador, Nick Morrisette, and Thomas Richardson each added a hit
- Brock Harris and Mark Labrador each had a double on the day
- Mike Brumfield pitched 6 innings, striking out 4
The Builders will play Christopher Newport University on Sunday, April 17th at 2 pm at War Memorial Stadium.
Be sure to check out www.gobuilders.com and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest Builder news, scores and updates.