FINAL SCORE: Apprentice School 20, Methodist 24
RECORD: Apprentice School 0-1, Methodist 1-0
LOCATION: Fayetteville, NC
ON THE FIELD:
- The Builders jumped out to a quick lead in the opening minutes of the 1st quarter when Brenden O'Neil hit Louis Picolo for a 56 yard TD pass on the second play of the game. Methodist would answer with a 64 yard punt return with 3:54 minutes left in the first quarter.
- To open the 2nd quarter, Brenden O'Neil connected with Ethan Bryce for a 6 yard TD to wrap up an 8 play, 90 yard drive that put the Builders up 13-7. Xavier Adams from Methodist would respond with a 5 yard TD run to give Methodist a 14-13 lead with 12:13 left in the second quarter.
- Methodist would increase their lead in the 3rd quarter 17-13 with 18 yard field goal. The Apprentice School would take the lead when Terrence Sudberry connected with Ethan Bryce for a 36 yard TD pass with :13 left in the 3rd quarter.
- With :47 left in the game, Methodist connected on a 38 yard TD pass to take the lead and secure the win.
BEHIND THE BOXSCORE:
- The Builders combined for 350 yards on offense.
- Brenden O'Neil was 6-13 for 131 yards and 2 touchdowns. Terrence Sudberry was 6-14 for 102 yards, 1 touchdown and 1 INT.
- Brandon Jones lead the rushing attack with 49 yards on 16 carries.
- Ethan Bryce had 4 receptions for 81 yards and 2 touchdowns. Louis Picolo had 1 reception for 53 yards and 1 touchdown.
- John Pope lead the team in tackles with 11. Ryan Ransom had 1 sack and a forced fumble. Khris Smith and Belafonte Sherman each had a 1/2 sack.
- John Jackson and Deveron Lucas each had 1 interception on the day.
The Builders will travel to Greensboro College next Saturday, September 10th at 1:00 PM.
Remember to check out www.gobuilders.com and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest Builder news, scores, and updates.