EVENT: The Apprentice School vs. Alfred State
RECORD: The Apprentice School 2-2, Alfred State 0-4
LOCATION: Alfred, NY- Pioneer Stadium
KICKOFF: 1:00 PM
This will be the seventh meeting between the two teams, with the series tied 3-3. The last meeting was in 2015, where the Builders won 44-13 at Alfred State.
The Builders look to rebound this week from an lopsided loss to Brevard College last Saturday. Through four games, the Builders offense is averaging 363.5 yards per game and scorning an average of 23.8 points per game. Ryan Ransom and the Builders defense look to keep the Pioneers offense stagnant. The Pioneers are averaging 205.5 yards per game and are scoring an average of 10.0 points per game.
- The Builders rely heavy on the run with Fred Hendrieth (48 carries, 419 yards, and 4 scores) and Brandon Jones (34 carries, 173 yards, and two scores) leading the way. QB Brenden O'Neil is a dual threat as well passing for 318 yards and two scores and rushing for 91 yards and two scores. O'Neil and Terrence Sudberry have both seen action at QB in all four of the Builders games.
- Ryan Ransom has had an impressive start to the 2016 season. He has 22 solo tackles (34 total), 12.5 tackles for a loss, and 5.5 sacks. He has 13 more tackles than any other Builder. A pair of Builders, Deveron Lucas and John Jackson have two interceptions on the year.
- For the Pioneers, Steven Hubick and Brandon Davis have led the Pioneer defense all year. Both have 44 tackles.
GAME DAY INFORMATION:
- Live Video: https://boxcast.tv/view/football-vs-apprentice-566975
- Live Stats: http://www.alfredstateathletics.com/sports/fball/2016-17/boxscores/20161001_zl40.xml
Remember to checkout www.gobuilders.com and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest Builder news, scores, and updates.