EVENT: Louisburg College vs. The Apprentice School
RECORDS: Louisburg College 6-0, The Apprentice School 4-2
SERIES RECORD: Louisburg leads 1-0
After spending several weeks on the road, the Builders will return home this weekend. They will end their away game expedition capitalizing on nearing and exceeding some Builder football records. Ending their travels at Williamson Trade last weekend, the team tied a school record for the most rushing touchdowns scored in a game with 7. Kicker, William Martin, set a new school record with the most extra points attempted and scored with 9. Last, the Builders scored 63 points and that is the 2nd most points scored in school history. The current record was set in 2009, where the Builders scored 67 points against George Mason.
The Apprentice School and Louisburg College met for the first time last season with Louisburg coming out on top 35-2. The Louisburg College Hurricanes are located in Louisburg, NC.
- The current record of 4-2, is the best start for The Apprentice School since 2006 where the team finished 7-3.
- The Builders are averaging over 396 total yards through 6 games (135.5 passing and 260.8 rushing).
- The Builder defense looks to continue their stout run defense against the Hurricanes where they are only allowing an average of 136 yards per game.
- The Hurricanes bring in an offense that is averaging over 500 yards per game and who are scoring over 52 points per contest.
- The Hurricanes defense is only allowing 246 yards per game (62.7 rushing and 183.8 passing).
Game Day Giveaway
The first 50 fans that enter the main admission gate located adjacent to the Apprentice School athletic facility will receive free Apprentice School Croakies.
2016 ASSA Homecoming/Alumni Day
Come out and support the ASSA during halftime of Saturday's game where an apprentice King and Queen will be announced. Also, the Alumni Day tailgate will start at 12:00 PM.
Remember to check out www.gobuilders.com and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest Builder news, scores, and updates.