FINAL SCORE: Louisburg College 45, The Apprentice School 36
RECORD: Louisburg College 7-0, The Apprentice School 4-3
LOCATION: Newport News, VA- Apprentice Field
ON THE FIELD:
- The Builders would strike first with a 6 yard touchdown run by Brenden O'neil to go up 7-0 in the first quarter.
- On the next drive Louisburg would answer with a 22 yard strike to tie the game 7-7.
- The first quarter would end with The Apprentice School up 14-7 thanks to a Fred Hendreith's 11 yard touchdown run.
- Each team would answer in the second quarter with scoring drives to put the Builders up at halftime 24-21.
- To open the 3rd, Louisburg wasted no time getting on the board with scoring drive of 1:45 to go up 28-24.
- The second half would belong to the Hurricanes as they increased their lead scoring on the next 3 possesions.
BEHIND THE BOXSCORE:
- Brenden O'Neil was 11 of 20 for 256 yards and 1 touchdown. O'Neil had 9 rushging attempts for 23 yards and 2 touchdowns.
- Fred Hendreith rushed for 128 yards and 2 touchdowns.
- Keith Taylor had 5 catches for 155 yards.
- Matt Paige had 2 catches for 73 yards.
- Mike Scott and Khris Smith each had 9 total tackles.
- Mike Scott and Markeise Young each had 1 sack.
- Markeise Young blocked a punt with Illichrist Gordon recovering to set up the Builders on the Louisburg College 9 yard line in the second half.
The Builders are home again next weekend for Staff and Parent Day sponsored by the Apprentice Athletic Club as they take on Dean College at 12:00 PM.
Remember to checkout www.gobuilders.com and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest Builder news, scores, and updates.