FINAL SCORE: Webber International 42, The Apprentice School 14
RECORD: Webber International 4-3, The Apprentice School 4-5
LOCATION: Newport News, VA - Apprentice Field
ON THE FIELD:
- Webber found the endzone first, completing a 10-yard pass to cap off a 7-play, 41-yard drive (10:22 in the 1st). The visitors punched the ball in from the 1-yard line on their ensuing drive to pull ahead 14-0 (5:53 in the 1st).
- Starting at their own 36-yard line, the Builders marched 64 yards in 15 plays to answer the Warriors. On second-and-goal from the Webber 3-yard line, Fred Hendrieth found his way into the endzone as the Builders trailed 14-7 (13:45 in the 2nd).
- After the Apprentice School failed to pick up a 4th-and-3 deep in Warrior territory, Webber ate up over five-and-a-half minutes with a 13-play, 84-yard drive to take a 21-7 lead (2:59 in the 2nd).
- In the third quarter, the visitors scored on each of their three possessions to pull away 42-7. The Builders started off the fourth quarter with a 3-yard Hendrieth rushing touchdown, but could not cut into the Warrior lead any further.
BEHIND THE BOXSCORE:
- Hendrieth paced the Builder attack, racking up 100 yards on 27 carries (3.7 AVG) for a pair of scores. Brandon Jones followed with 47 yards on 12 attempts (3.9 AVG).
- Sudberry completed 3-of-7 passes for 30 yards and added another 13 yards on 6 attempts (2.2 AVG).
- Ryan Ransom totaled 11 tackles (7 solo, 4 assisted), including 2.5 tackles for a loss of four yards, to lead the Builders on defense. Tyson Tillar followed with six solo tackles, including two for a loss of seven yards.
- Keshawn Reid picked off a Webber pass and returned it 19 yards, John Teats and Alex Edwards each recorded sacks of five yards, and Khris Dawson contributed a pass breakup.
- On special teams, Hibbler returned four kicks 102 yards (25.5 AVG), including a long of 29 yards late in the game.
- The Builders committed only one penalty (five yards) the entire game, compared to 12 penalties (95 yards) for the visitors.
The Apprentice School closes out the 2016 season with a November 12th home game against Ave Maria (FL). The team will honor its seniors before the 1 p.m. kickoff and there will also be a Chili Cook-off.