FINAL SCORE: Ferrum 40, Apprentice School 20
RECORDS: Ferrum 2-0, Apprentice School 1-1
LOCATION: Ferrum, Va.
The Apprentice School Builders dropped their first road contest of the season with a 40-20 setback against Ferrum College.
ON THE FIELD:
- The Builders fell behind early with three touchdowns from Ferrum's Zack Clifford.
- The Apprentice School found the scoreboard with a 29-yard strike from Brenden O'Neil to Kwaytavious Blackwell to cut the deficit to 23-6.
- A late touchdown from Zack Clifford to Johnny White allowed Ferrum to take a 30-6 lead into the break.
- A field goal and a 9-yard TD run by Brian Mann extended Ferrum's lead to 40-6.
- O'Neill found Blackwell for a 24-yard pass to cap a nine play, 68 yard drive to cut the lead to 40-13.
- The O'Neil and Blackwell duo teamed up for a 21-yard touchdown pass late in the game to end the scoring.
BEHIND THE BOX SCORE:
- Kwaytavious Blackwell had a strong performance with four catches for 112 yards and three TD's.
- Brenden O'Neil was 7-for-18 on the day with 133 passing yards and three touchdowns.
- Ethan Bryce led the rushing attack with 74 yards on 15 carries for an average of 4.9 yards per carry.
- Tyson Tillar led the Builders defense with 15 tackles including eight solo tackles. Tillar also had 4.5 tackles for loss to lead the defense.
- Illichris Gordon added eight tackles for the Builders.
The Builders will travel to face Bridgewater College on September 16th at 7 p.m. The team will return home to face Louisburg College on September 23rd at 2 p.m.