The Apprentice School Builders fell 58-6 at home against the Louisburg College Hurricanes to fall to 1-3 on the season.
ON THE FIELD:
- The Builders fell behind early in the first quarter as Louisburg scored three rushing touchdowns to take a 21-0 lead after one quarter.
- A pair of field goals and a touchdown pass from Louisburg's Caleb Lloyd to Makaius Brewer gave the Hurricanes a 34-0 lead at the break.
- Two more touchdowns put the Hurricanes up 47-0 late in the third quarter.
- The Builders finally got on the scoreboard when freshman Ryan Edwards hit Lou Picolo with a 72-yard touchdown pass to make it 47-6 at the end of the third quarter.
- Louisburg scored 11 points, including a safety, in the fourth quarter to cruise to their fourth win of the season.
BEHIND THE BOX SCORE:
- The Builders relied on the run game with the team having a season-high 43 rushes for 147 yards.
- Ethan Bryce led the offense with 23 carries for 65 yards.
- Ryan Edwards went 1-for-5 in the game with the lone completion being a 72 yard touchdown pass to Lou Picolo.
- The Builders defense was busy with the team totaling 89 tackles with John Pope leading the way with 11 tackles.
- Louisburg ran 93 plays and racked up over 600 yards of total offense.
The Builders will have their bye week before resuming competition with a 1 p.m. kick off against Southern Virginia on Saturday, October 7th.