The Apprentice School Builders fell 45-23 on the road to Southern Virginia to fall to 1-4 on the season.
ON THE FIELD:
- The Builders fell behind early in the first quarter as Southern Virginia scored a pair of rushing touchdowns.
- An 8-yard connection from Terrence Sudberry to Jordin Burwell put the Builders on the board in the second quarter.
- After another rushing touchdown from the Knights made the score 21-7, Zach Schwenke nailed a 34-yard field goal to cut the deficit to 21-10 at the break.
- The Knights scored 24 points behind a pair of rushing touchdowns and a 34-yard passing touchdown in the third quarter to put the hosts ahead 45-10.
- Ethan Bryce scored a touchdown with an 8-yard run in the fourth quarter.
- Terrence Sudberry capped an 11 play, 80 yard drive with a 1-yard run to cap the scoring.
BEHIND THE BOX SCORE:
- The Builders continued to rely on their run game with the team getting 44 rushing attempts, which is now a season high, after the team had 43 attempts in their previous game.
- Brandon Jones led the team on the ground with 15 carries for 71 yards.
- Ethan Bryce added 45 yards on the ground on 16 carries and a score. Bryce also brought in two catches for 14 yards.
- Bryce Scott caught three passes for 66 yards.
- Terrence Sudberry was 5-for-10 with 79 yards and a touchdown. He also added a rushing touchdown.
The Builders will face Hampden-Sydney on the road on October 14th at 1 p.m. before returning home to face Randolph-Macon in its homecoming game on October 21st at 1 p.m.