The Builders dropped a 115-102 shootout in their season opener against Warren Wilson. The Builders had five players in double figures, with Romello Anderson coming off the bench to score a team-high 29 points and grab 10 rebounds. Drew Walton added 21 points and a team-high 12 rebounds.
ON THE COURT:
- The Builders shot 45% overall from the field but only shot 24% from long range.
- Both teams shared success from the charity stripe with Apprentice School connecting on 25 out 27 attempts for 93%. Warren Wilson was 23 for 24 (96%) from the line.
- The Builders out-rebounded Warren Wilson 44-29 and had 53 bench points to Warren Wilson's 28.
- Romello Anderson was 11-for-20 from the field with 29 points and 10 rebounds. Anderson had 19 points in the second half.
- Drew Walton came off the bench and scored 21 points (16 in the second half) on 6-10 shooting and had a team-high 12 rebounds.
- John Parsons and Jalen Ruffin each added 12 points for the Builders.
- Warren Wilson was led by Jordan Gant with 30 points with nine three-point field goals.
- The two teams had success in the second half with the teams combining to score 126 points.
The Apprentice School returns to action with a 7:30 p.m. tipoff at Chowan on Wednesday, November 15th. The team travels to New York for a tournament next weekend before hosting Chowan in their home opener on Wednesday, November 22nd at 3 p.m.