The Builders men's basketball team suffered a 69-55 setback to Stratford University in the consolation game of the SUNY Delhi Tournament on Sunday afternoon.
ON THE COURT:
- Once again cold shooting plagued the Builders as they shot 24% from the field and 19% from behind the arc.
- William Wilcox led the Builders with 18 points on 7-for-15 shooting from the field. He also added eight rebounds.
- Romello Anderson contributed 14 points.
- Jalen Ruffin pulled in a team-high 12 rebounds.
- Stratford was led by Jashad Jamison with 17 points and DeAndre Demiel with 15 points.
- The Builders were outscored 52-22 in the paint.
- Apprentice School forced 21 turnovers and only gave up eight of their own.
The men's basketball team will be back in action on Wednesday afternoon with a 3 p.m. tip against Chowan University. The two teams met earlier in the season with Chowan capturing a 94-74 victory at home.