The Builders men's basketball overcame a second-half deficit but fell short in the final seconds 72-70 against Washington Adventist on Sunday afternoon. The held a 68-67 lead but the Shock converted five free throws in the last 45 seconds to clinch the victory.
ON THE COURT:
- Romello Anderson led all scorers with 23 points on 8-for-25 shooting.
- Drew Walton nearly had a 20-20 game came up just short with 18 points and 19 rebounds.
- Jalen Warren added 15 points with 13 coming in the first half alone.
- The Builders outrebounded the Shock 46-36 and held a 14-4 advantage in second chance opportunities.
- The Builders also held a 50-32 advantage with points in the paint.
- The Shock was led by Elijah Maynard, who had 19 points.
- Both teams struggle from the free-throw line with the Builders converting 50% and the Shock converting 59%.
The Builders return to action next Sunday at 12 p.m. as they host Carolina Christian in their final game of the 2017-2018 campaign.