EVENT: Marlin Invitational
COURSE: Red Wing Lake Golf Course
LOCATION: Virginia Beach, VA
IN BRIEF: The Apprentice School opened action on Sunday in the Virginia Wesleyan College Marlin Invitational and came out with a round of 315 over the 7,124-yard Red Wing Lake Golf Course.
ON THE COURSE
- Senior Kyle Mutter is the low man for the Builders after round one with an even-par 72. He leads the event by two strokes over Kyle Fuller of Randolph-Macon.
- Fellow senior Ben Hunter is next in line at seven-over-par 79. He is tied for fourth overall with Seth Crean of Shenandoah.
- Junior Eric Johnston was next with an 81 and freshman Russell Fields shot an 83 to round out the 315 total.
- Freshman Austin Robbins finished the team scoring with a 95, while Chris Davis competed as an individual and shot an 89 on Sunday.
- The Builders hold a six-shot lead over Shenandoah (321) and a ten-stroke lead on Randolph-Macon College (326).
The final round will start on Monday morning at 9 am.
RED WING LAKE GOLF COURSE
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
TEAM SCORES: Apprentice School 315; Shenandoah University 321; Randolph-Macon College 326; Eastern Mennonite University 345; Virginia Wesleyan College 347
MEDALIST: Kyle Mutter (Apprentice) 72
APPRENTICE SCORES: T4. Ben Hunter 79; Eric Johnston 81; Russell Fields 83; Austin Robbins 95; Chris Davis 89.