LOCATION: Olde Mill Golf Course/Laurel Fork, VA.
IN BRIEF: The Apprentice School golf team trimmed four strokes off its Sunday total to finish the Virginia State Golf Association Intercollegiate Championships with a 331 round on Monday for a 666 total to finish in tenth place.
ON THE COURSE
- Senior Kyle Mutter was again the low man for the Builders on Monday with another seven-over-par 79 round to finish with a 158 and finished tied for 15th place.
- Freshman Perry Barber was the next lowest for the weekend as he came in on Monday with an eight-over-par 80 for a 165 total and finished tied for 37th place.
- Sophomore Toby Tapman was next as he also shot an 80 on Monday to finish the event with a 169 total and a tie for 41st finish.
- Freshman Phillip Nelson shot a 92 on Monday to finish the event at 177 and alone in 50th place, while fellow freshman Tim Moore came in with a 94 to end at 180 and finished in 52nd place.
- Hampden-Sydney College won the event with a 618 tournament total to edge Averett University and Roanoke College by two strokes.
The Builders will travel to The Pines Golf Course in Elizabeth City, NC on Wednesday to participate in a three-way match with Mid-Atlantic Christian University and William Peace University at 10 am.