The golf team celebrated its 2014 season on Thursday night with the annual Awards Banquet at the Embassy Suites Hotel.
The following won awards on Thursday
Glenn Heath MVP – Kyle Mutter
- Averaged 78 for the fall season
- Co-Medalist at SUNY Delhi Dual #2
- Tied for second at Mid-Atlantic Christian Invitational
- Third in SUNY Delhi Dual #1
- Low round of 74 at Shenandoah Invitational
- Won Marlin Invitational in Spring 2014
- Second at Don Scalf Invitational and fourth at Glenn Heath Memorial
- Had five top 5 finishes in six Spring 2014 events
Most Improved – Aedron "Toby" Tapman
- Two top 10 finishes
- 7th at Mid-Atlantic Christian Invitational
- T8th in SUNY Delhi Dual #1
- Shot season low 80 in the second round of the Virginia State Intercollegiate
- Tournament low 168 in same event
Builder Award – Forrest Barefoot
- Season low 80 at SUNY Delhi Dual #2
- Tied for 6th in event
- Shot 180 in the USCAA Championships including round of 83 on day two
- Participated in the prestigious Camp Lejeune Intercollegiate for the first time in school history – 6th out of 16 in Scarlet Division.
- Shot fourth lowest round in last 20 years with a 296 at the Camp Lejeune Intercollegiate where they tied the school best two-round tournament score with a 612.
- Took second in the North Carolina Wesleyan College Invitational
- Ended the spring with a pair of tournament wins at Virginia Wesleyan College Marlin Invitational and the Glenn Heath Shipbuilders Memorial.
- That was the first team win in the Glenn Heath Memorial ever.
- Senior Ben Hunter won the medalist honor at the Glenn Heath making him the first Builder to do that.
- He was invited to participate in the PGA Minority Collegiate championship where he took seventh place in a field mainly of scholarship golfers from NCAA Division I, Division II and NAIA.
- Hunter was a first-team VaSID All-State golfer and was named the 2013-14 Apprentice School Athlete of the Year.
- Placed 9th out of 22 teams at USCAA Nationals
- Won tri-match with Mid-Atlantic Christian and William Peace with a season-best round of 314.
- Tim Moore was medalist with a 77 at Mid-Atlantic Tri-Match
- Moore was the low man for the Builders in the season-opening match with SUNY Delhi with a 76