EVENT: Lynchburg College Invitational
LOCATION: Amherst, VA
COURSE: Poplar Grove GC
IN BRIEF: The Apprentice School golf team struggled on Monday morning and came in with a team total of 346 to finish sixth in the ten-team field at 666.
ON THE COURSE
- Junior Chris Davis shot an 85 on Monday to end the tournament with a 165 total and finished in a tie for 27th place.
- Freshman Phillip Nelson was the consistent golfer of the tournament for the Builders as he was low man on Monday with his second 84 to finish in a tie for 36th at 168.
- Freshman Perry Barber shot a 90 to round out the counting scorers and finished the tournament at 170 for a 40th place finish.
- Tim Moore came in with an 87 on Monday to finish tied for 42nd at 172.
- Also finishing off on Monday was freshman Will Hunter (175/45th) and Forrest Barefoot (182/T47th).
Washington & Lee B 318-304-622; Christopher Newport B 297-328-625; SUNY Delhi A 324-304-628; Bluefield State 311-323-634; Lynchburg 324-312-636; Apprentice School 320-346-666l SUNY Delhi B 331-337-668; Marymount 355-339-694; Shepherd 353-354-707; Eastern Mennonite 350-362-712
The Builders now head to the Camp Lejeune Intercollegiate Golf Championships held starting Friday morning at Camp Lejeune, NC. This is a three-round, 30-team event that will host many nationally-ranked teams from NCAA Division III and NAIA ranks.