EVENT: 44th Marine Federal Credit Union Intercollegiate Golf Championships
LOCATION: Camp Lejeune, NC
COURSE: Paradise Point Golf Course – Scarlet Course
ON THE COURSE
- The Apprentice School golf team started play Friday morning in the 44th Marine Federal Credit Union Intercollegiate Golf Championships and shot a spring low round of 300.
- Freshman Philip Nelson and junior Chris Davis shared low honors on Friday morning with three-over-par 73 apiece.
- Fellow freshman Perry Barber was next with a 76, while Tim Moore came in with a 78 Will Hunter had an 83.
- The previous low round of the season for the Builders came in the Mid-Atlantic Christian Invitational on October 1 when they carded a 314.
- The 30-team event is split over two courses for the first two rounds. Teams that played the Scarlet Course on Friday will move to the longer Gold Course on Saturday (Par 72/6,833 yards).
- After Saturday's second round, the top 15 teams will compete for the Golf Championship, while the remainder of the field will compete for the Scarlet Championship.
- This tournament has teams in from as far west as Minnesota, north to New York and south to Alabama and Florida.
- Due to two teams not able to finish their first rounds due to thunderstorms, no team standings were announced.
The Builders will hit the Gold Course on Saturday morning at 8:50 am to start round two.