EVENT: 44th Marine Federal Credit Union Intercollegiate Golf Championships
LOCATION: Camp LeJeune, NC
COURSE: Paradise Point Golf Course - Scarlet
IN BRIEF: The Apprentice School golf team finished its three-day run in the Camp LeJeune Intercollegiate with a 315 on Sunday for a 975 tournament total.
ON THE COURSE
- Perry Barber was the low man on Sunday as he shot a 76 to finish the tournament with a 239 total.
- Phillip Nelson was a stroke behind Barber on Sunday coming in with a 77, but he finished as the low man for the tournament for the Builders as he carded a 235.
- The other counting scores from Sunday came in the form of 81 apiece from Chris Davis (251 tournament total) and Will Hunter (258) to round out the 315 round for the Builders.
- Tim Moore tied Davis in tournament total with 251 after his 83 on Sunday.
- Nelson's 235 total tied the fourth lowest three-day tournament total for the Builders in school history as he equaled the mark BJ Maben shot at the 2005 United States Collegiate Athletic Association Nationals in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.
- Barber's 239 total tied the tenth lowest three-day total also matching marks by Maben at the Cal Lutheran Invitational in 2008 and Chris Everett in the Glenn Heath Memorial/USCAA Invitational in 2007.
- The team total of 975 is the third lowest team total in a three-round event in school history, only trailing the scores from the 2006 Glenn Heath Memorial/USCAA Invitational (963) and the 2008 Louisburg Iron Team Clash (951).
NEXT UP – Roanoke Invitational
The Builders are back on the road this weekend for a Friday-Saturday tournament hosted by Roanoke College in Salem, Virginia.