EVENT: Tom Kinder Memorial
LOCATION: Lakeview Golf Course - Mountain Spring
CITY: Harrisonburg, VA
BUILDERS SCORE: 341
IN BRIEF: In a very strong tournament field, the Builders currently sit in 18th place with a 341 total after day one of the Tom Kinder Memorial hosted by Bridgewater College.
ON THE COURSE
- Phillip Nelson is the low man for the Builders after round one coming in with an eight-pver-par 80 to sit in a tie for 72nd place.
- Toby Tapman is next for the Builders coming in tied for 84th with an 84.
- Perry Barber follows him tied for 88th with an 88.
- Chris Davis rounds out the counting scorers for Saturday's first round as he's alone in 89th place with an 89.
- Travis Weaver finished the Builders tied for 92nd place with a round of 92.
- Individually Evan Cox of Virginia Wesleyan leads with a tournament record eight-under 64, while tournament hosts Bridgewater College leads with a four-under par 284 total.
BEHIND THE STANDINGS
- To show the depth of the tournament, shooting a team total under 300 would not have guaranteed a top ten finish as the top 11 teams shot 300 or under.
The final round for the Builders will start at 8:30 am on Sunday.