TOURNAMENT: Tom Kinder Memorial
LOCATION: Lakeview Golf Club/Harrisonburg, VA.
FINAL SCORE: 675/18th place
IN BRIEF: The golf team shaved seven strokes off its Saturday total in the final day of the Tom Kinder Memorial to stay in 18th place.
ON THE COURSE
- Sophomore Phillip Nelson was the low man for the Builders in the tournament as he finished tied for 56th place with a 157 total after a final day round of 77.
- Fellow sophomore Perry Barber had the biggest improvement in the weekend as he carded a final day round of three-over 75 to finish in a tie for 79th at 163.
- Toby Tapman came in with an 89 on Sunday to finish the event alone in 89th place with a 173 total.
- Senior Chris Davis was tied for 91st after a final round of 95 and a tournament total 184.
- Freshman Travis Weaver shot a 93 on Sunday to finish tied for 94th with a 185.
- Ferrum College shot a seven-over-par 295 on Sunday to come from eight shots back to win the team title by two strokes over tournament host Bridgewater College.
- Evan Cox of Virginia Wesleyan College won the medalist honor after a final round 73 to end the event at seven-under-par 137 for a two-stroke win.
The Builders will participate next weekend in the Shenandoah University Invitational held in Winchester, Va.