TOURNAMENT: USCAA National Championship
LOCATION: Penn State Blue Course/State College, Penn.
FINAL SCORE: 668/6th place
IN BRIEF: The Builders shaved 16 strokes off of their day one total, shooting 326 to take 6th place with a 668 total at the USCAA National Championships. The team's second-round effort held off Penn State Lehigh Valley by two strokes.
ON THE COURSE:
- Sophomore Perry Barber led the Builders with a two day total of 20-over par 164, tying him for a 26th-place finish. Barber shaved off 8 strokes from his opening round, shooting a 6-over par 78 to close out the tournament.
- Sophomore Will Hunter finished tied for 41st place after he repeated his opening round total of 84 for a 168 total.
- Right behind Hunter was Senior Chris Davis, who hit an 8-over par 80 in the final round to finish with a 169 total. The effort tied him for 41st place.
- Shooting a 91 in the final round, Sophomore Phillip Nelson tied for 54th place with a 174 total.
- Sophomore Toby Tapman also tied for 54th place with a 174 total. Tapman closed out the championship with an 84, improving on his opening round by six strokes.
- Sophomore Tim Moore shaved off six strokes and hit an 86 final round to place 65th with a 179 total.
- Freshman Mitchell Herrod finished 73rd after he hit an 86 final round. Herrod's outing was 12 strokes better than his opening round as he wrapped up the tournament with a 184 total.
- Senior Forrest Barefoot tied for 79th place with a 187 total after shooting a 95 in the final round.
- Tying for 88th place, Freshman Travis Weaver shaved 10 strokes off of his first round by hitting a 90 in the final round for a 190 total.
- Cleary University combined for a 315 second round to finish with a 609 total and win its first United States Collegiate Athletic Association Golf National Championship.
- Cleary University's Devin Young took the individual title after he shot a 73 on the final day to finish with a 3-under-par total of 141.