FINAL SCORE: Apprentice School 90, Mid-Atlantic Christian 22
RECORDS: Apprentice School 21-4, Mid-Atlantic Christian 1-21
LOCATION: Apprentice Athletic Center
ON THE COURT: The Apprentice School Lady Builders celebrated Senior Night with a 90-22 win over Mid-Atlantic Christian University on Monday night.
Apprentice School opened the game scoring the first 29 points before a Benita Boyd 3-pointer with 7:58 left put the Mustangs on the board. Mid-Atlantic Christian ran off seven straight points on the Lady Builders over a 68 second span to trim the lead down to 33-10 on a 3-pointer from Cham Brice.
The Lady Builders used a nearly eight minute spell when they went on a 23-0 run to take a 71-15 lead on a Julissa Riddick layup with 10:22 left.
BEHIND THE BOXSCORE
- To celebrate senior night, all five Lady Builder seniors were in the starting lineup.
- Courtney Collins had 16 points and six rebounds
- Brittanie Herriott had eight points and five rebounds
- April McCoy had four points and seven rebounds
- Danita Whitaker had two points and five steals
- Christina Licano dished out five assists and had two steals.
- The win for the Lady Builders was their 11th in a row.
- Sophomore Bria Hill was the leading scorer in the game with a career-high 18 points. She was 9-of-15 from the floor and matched her career highs with five assists and five steals.
- Joining Hill and Collins in double figures were freshmen Kelsey Daniels (11 points/7 rebounds), Julissa Riddick (11 points/10 rebounds) and sophomore Kenya Wilkerson (10 points, 6 assists and 6 steals).
NEXT UP – USCAA NATIONALS
The Lady Builders are expected to be one of eight teams competing in the 2014 USCAA Women's Division I National Championships starting March 5 in Uniontown, PA. Bids and tournament schedule are to be announced tomorrow at 12 pm via a web telecast on www.theuscaa.com. Game times will be released by Thursday, Feb. 27.