FINAL SCORE: Apprentice School 101, Penn St. Fayette 50
RECORDS: Apprentice School 2-1, Penn St. Fayette 0-3
LOCATION: Newport News, VA
IN BRIEF: Six Lady Builders scored in double figures on Saturday as Courtney White topped them with 15 coming off the bench as The Apprentice School defeated Penn St. Fayette 101-50.
ON THE COURT
- The Lady Builders scored the first eight points of the game as a 3-point play from Jessica Neighbors put them up 8-0 with 18:33 left. After a bucket from Jackie Halapy, the hosts went on a 25-2 run over the next 6:01 to lead 33-4 on a Bria Hill layup with 12:32 left.
- Apprentice School's lead grew to 46-8 with 7:12 left on a Neighbors jumper, but the Roaring Lions made a run to trim the game to 49-20 on a Hayley Moreland layup with 2:36 left in the half.
- In the second half, a 3-point play from White with 1:56 left put the Lady Builders at 100 points in a game for the first time since moving into the new Apprentice Athletic Center in January.
BEHIND THE BOXSCORE
- The 101 points was the most the Lady Builders had scored in a game since Jan. 5, 2007 as they hit 102 against NHTI.
- The six Lady Builders in double figures Saturday was the first time that had happened in a game in over four years as they pulled that feat against NHTI on Jan. 15, 2009.
- Joining White in double figures was Neighbors (14 pts, 7 rebounds), Kenya Wilkerson (14 pts, 9 reb, 7 assists), Chauntell Dunbar (13 pts, 6 reb), Ylexis Traeger (12 pts) and Hill (11 pts, 7 assists).
- As a team, the Lady Builders were 38-of-88 from the floor (43.2%), 22-of-40 from the foul line (55%) and 3-of-16 from 3-point land (18.8%). They out-rebounded the guests 72-29 with 38 of those coming on the offensive glass. Freshman Johnelle Johnson and Wilkerson had a game-high nine each. Hill topped the team in assists with seven and Wilkerson topped the team in steals with seven.
- Penn State Fayette was headed by Halapy with 12 points and eight boards, while Kelsey Laurine and Ally Rudolph had 11 points each. The Roaring Lions were 15-of-48 from the floor (31.3%), 3-of-17 from 3-point range (17.6%) and 17-of-32 from the line (53.1%).
The Lady Builders hit the home floor again on Sunday afternoon with a huge contest against NCAA Division III 18th-ranked Christopher Newport University. At halftime of the 4pm game, a special celebration in honor of 20 years of Lady Builder basketball will take place.