FINAL SCORE: Apprentice School 75, Washington Adventist 47
RECORDS: Apprentice School 14-9; Washington Adventist 5-19
LOCATION: Apprentice Athletic Center/Newport News, VA
IN BRIEF: Senior Shanae Hilliard paced four in double figures with 21 points on Senior Night as the Lady Builders defeated Washington Adventist 75-47 on Tuesday night.
ON THE COURT
- The Lady Builders missed their first six shots as Washington Adventist jumped out to a 6-1 lead with 15:41 left on a jumper from Jerria Brown-McDaniel. A 3-pointer from Courtney White and a layup from Jessica Neighbors brought the Lady Builders even at 6-all with 14:46 left.
- Natalie Harrison drained a 3-pointer for the Shock to take a 9-6 lead with 13:15 left. Ylexzis Traeger putback a missed 3-pointer to help start up a 21-5 run by the Lady Builders over the next 8:24 as a Neighbors jumper with 4:36 left put the hosts up 27-14.
- Washington Adventist went on a 10-4 flurry over the ensuing 3:15 to trim the deficit to 31-24 with a Courtney Jenkins layup with 1:21 left. Hilliard drained a 3-pointer with 67 seconds left to give the Lady Builders a 34-24 halftime advantage.
- In the second half, Brown-McDaniel hit the first points of the half for the Shock on a short jumper for a 34-26 deficit 49 seconds into the half. Apprentice School put the game out of reach on a 12-0 run over the next 6:07 as a Neighbors free throw with 13:04 left put them up 46-26.
BEHIND THE BOXSCORE
- Hilliard had a stat-sheet stuffing night on Senior Night as she had eight rebounds, five assists and five steals to go with her game-high 21 points.
- Kenya Wilkerson joined her in double figures with 15 points, five rebounds, five steals and seven assists. Neighbors came off the bench for 15 points, while Traeger added 12 points and a team-high nine rebounds.
- For the game Apprentice School shot 29-of-64 from the floor (45.3%), 6-of-19 from 3-point range (31.6%) and 11-of-14 from the line (78.6%). They out-rebounded the Shock 46-36 and forced 25 turnovers.
- Washington Adventist was paced by Harrison with 20 points and Brown-McDaniel added 19 and eight rebounds. They were 17-of-59 from the floor (28.8%), 5-of-17 from 3-point range (29.4%) and 8-of-16 from the line (50%).
Apprentice School now travels to Montgomery, WV for the regular-season finale on Sunday at 2pm when they face WVU Tech. When these teams played in Newport News on Jan. 30, the Lady Builders dropped a 99-92 decision to the Golden Bears.