FINAL SCORE: Iowa Wesleyan 85, Apprentice School 63
RECORDS: Iowa Wesleyan 19-7, Apprentice School 14-12
LOCATION: Uniontown, PA
IN BRIEF: Senior Shanae Hiliard ended her career with a 21 point outing to lead the Lady Builders lost 85-63 to Iowa Wesleyan College on Friday morning in a consolation game at the USCAA Nationals.
ON THE COURT
- The Tigers roared out of the gate scoring the first 11 points en route to a 15-4 lead on a pair of Rachel Williams free throws with 14:54 left. Apprentice School then fell victim to a 13-3 run as the second-seeded Tigers took a 28-7 lead with 7:28 left on a Dakota Flesner layup.
- In the second half, Iowa Wesleyan scored the first seven points to close out a 13-0 run over a three minute span of both halves to lead 50-16 on a Flesner layup.
- Apprentice School closed out the game on a 12-5 flurry over the final three minutes as Hilliard started it with a free throw and Kenya Wilkerson closed it with a jumper to make the final 85-63.
BEHIND THE BOXSCORE
- Hilliard was 5-of-13 from 3-point land to set a postseason record for the Lady Builders with those five 3-pointers. The previous mark was four done by Taffey Thomas against Southern Va. in the 1999 tournament and Tanga Williams against Kansas Wesleyan in the 2000 tournament.
- Joining her in double figures was Wilkerson with 15 points, five rebounds and four assists and Jessica Neighbors had 10 points and a team-high eight boards. As a team, the Lady Builders finished at 30.3% from the floor after a strong second-half showing hitting 43.3%.
- Iowa Wesleyan had five in double figures with Karla Vittinghoff leading with 22 points and Flesner adding 11 and a game-high 15 boards.