FINAL SCORE: Methodist 86, Apprentice School 66
RECORDS: Methodist 3-1, Apprentice School 1-4
LOCATION: Sea Gull Stadium/Salisbury, Md.
ON THE COURT
- The score remmained close early, but Methodist used a 6-0 run to create some separation. The Monarchs outscored the Apprentice School 21-15 in the opening quarter of the game.
- The Monarchs distanced themselves even further in the second quarter. After a pair of Tyne Innocent free throws at the 6:52 mark cut the Monarch lead to 25-19, Methodist broke open the game with a 16-0 run, capped off by a Lillian Geehring 3-pointer at 1:48. Shakiera Skinner answered nine seconds later with a 3-pointer of her own.
- In the second half, the Lady Builders couldn't cut into the lead as the Monarchs matched their effort. Wilkerson led the Apprentice School in the 3rd quarter with 9 points, while Traeger led the team in the final quarter with 5 points.
- Methodist pushed the lead to 25 points (78-53), its largest of the game, with 5:53 to play in the game. With 3:09 remaining, Innocent made a pair of free throws, Skinner made a 3-pointer, and Kelsey Daniels made all four of her free throw attempts to round out the scoring for the Lady Builders.
BEHIND THE BOXSCORE
- Traeger and Wilkerson each scored 13 points to pace the Apprentice School in the loss. Daniels netted 8 points.
- The Lady Builders shot 33.8% (23-of-68) from the field, 16.7% (2-of-12) from beyond the arc, and 66.7% (18-of-27) from the free-throw line.
- The Apprentice School committed fewer turnovers (21-27) and scored more fastbreak points (12-10).
- The Lady Builders scored 23 points off the bench.
- The game featured one tie and three lead changes.
The Lady Builders are off for two weeks and will start December on the road. The team heads to Asheville, N.C. on the 4th for a 6 p.m. contest against the Warren Wilson College Owls.