The Lady Builders dropped their season opener with an 89-57 setback to Chowan. After holding a slim lead after the first quarter, the Lady Builders were outscored in the final three quarters as Chowan had five players in double figures.
ON THE COURT:
- Coming off a strong junior season, Ylexzis Traeger started her farewell campaign with 18 points and six rebounds.
- Julissa Riddick grabbed a team-high 14 rebounds and dished out five assists for the Lady Builders.
- Quanisha Bruce added 12 rebounds and a pair of assists.
- Latrice Washington added 10 points.
- The Lady Builders were outrebounded 61-49 with Chowan's Joanne Williams posting a game-high 19 rebounds.
- Mariah Coker led Chowan with a game-high 18 points.
The Apprentice School returns to action with a 5:30 p.m. tipoff at Elizabeth City State on Tuesday, November 14th. The team will play five more road games before hosting Bridgewater in their home opener on December 9th at 2 p.m.