The Lady Builders women's basketball suffered a 100-65 road defeat at Virginia State on Monday evening. Virginia State shot 57% from the field as they cruised out to a 30-8 lead after the first quarter en route to their ninth straight victory to open the season.
ON THE COURT:
- Ylexzis Traeger scored a team-high 18 points on 9-for-14 shooting from the floor.
- Quanisha Bruce and Latrice Washington each had eight rebounds to lead the team.
- Latrice Washington scored 12 points off the bench.
- Aquazia Jones had 11 points and had four steals to lead the Builders.
- Virginia State was led by Alexis Smith, who had 28 points. Endia McKinney added 22 points and converted six three-pointers.
The Lady Builders return to action this Thursday as they look to snap a five-game losing skid when they host Blufield State at 5:30 p.m.