Mar 08, 2019
FIRST TEAM ALL AMERICANS:
- Drew Walton: Walton had an incredible junior season for the Builders. He finished 2nd in the USCAA in FG% at 59.7% and 2nd in rebounds per game at 11.9. Walton averaged 17.7 points per game and was an offensive leader for the Builders. Walton's season high came in a game against Warren Wilson on February 19th. Walton scored a team high 29 Points while shooting 70.6% from the floor, leading the Builders to a 95 to 81 win in the EMAC Quarterfinals.
SECOND TEAM ALL AMERICANS:
- Marion Moore: Moore, a freshman, played a key role for the Builders this season. Moore averaged 17.5 points per game and 8.9 rebounds per game. Moore had a career night on December 1st against Southern Virginia where he scored 37 points on 15 of 20 shooting.
- Alexis Wethington: Wethington played and started in all 26 games for the Lady Builders this season. She averaged 12.7 points per game in just her sophomore season. In a game at Bluefield State, she had a season high 23 points scored. Alexis averaged 9.3 rebounds per game this season.
- Aquazia Jones: Jones led the Builders offensively averaging 17.1 points per game, ranking 6th best in the USCAA. Jones also finsihed 2nd in the USCAA in total number of steals. In a year that saw the Lady Builders face many injuries, Aquazia was also staple for the team, playing and starting in all 26 games.
- Corey Joyner: The sophomore averaged 11.5 points per game and was 1st in the USCAA with 160 total assists. Joyner averaged 6.2 assists per game. Joyner was also 8th in the USCAA in steals this season.
ALL ACADEMIC TEAM:
- Sam Morris: Morris was named to the USCAA All Academic team. To be eligible, players must have above a 3.5 GPA.
Congrats to our Builders for their hard work on the floor and in the classroom!