The Apprentice School had 9 players score, with 4 of them in double-figures, as they used a huge first-half run to knock off Blue Lights College 81-67 in their season opener.
ON THE COURT:
The Builders raced out to an early 18-2 lead to start the game. The solid play continued throughout the opening 20 minutes and they went into the half-time break with a lead of 43-23.
For the game, the Builders shot 48% from the field and were led by Drew Walton's 17 points. The team also had a 49-38 advantage on the boards and forced 16 turnovers.
Blue Lights College used a late-game surge to close the gap to 11 points, trailing 80-69 with 11 seconds left, but that's as close as they would get.
BEHIND THE BOX SCORE:
- Drew Walton led the Builders in scoring and rebounds with 17 points and 13 rebounds.
- Caleb Mielewski added 15 points while going 4-6 from the field
- Corey Joyner contributed 8 points and a game-high 5 assists in the win.
- The Builders used a deep bench, playing 9 different guys double-digit minutes.
- The Apprentice School forced 20 turnovers and converted 36 points off those opportunities.
- The team spread the ball around with 7 players notching an assist for a total of 14 in the game.