ELIZABETH CITY, N.C. – The Apprentice School women's basketball team had four players in double figures but could not overcome a slow start as they dropped a 72-61 road contest to Elizabeth City State.
ON THE COURT: The Vikings jumped out to a 33-10 lead after this first quarter and cruised to a 31-point lead at the break. The Builders were able to outscore the Vikings in the final two quarters to close the gap but could not overcome the slow start.
BEHIND THE BOX SCORE:
- The Lady Builders had four players score in double figures with Jordan Wilson leading the team with 16 points. She added a team-high 11 rebounds for her first double-double of the season.
- Latrice Washington added 13 points while Sabre Clegg (12 points) and Taylor McCaslin (10 points) contributed off the bench.
- Aquazia Jones had eight points and added six assists.
- The Lady Builders outscored the Vikings 37-36 in the paint and also held a 13-8 advantage in fastbreak points.
- The Vikings were led by Devona Stell with 16 points.
The Lady Builders will be back in action this weekend as they will face Voorhees College and Morris College in the Pre-Holiday Classic hosted by Voorhees College. They will face Voorhees College on Friday at 8 p.m. before facing Morris College on Saturday afternoon for a 2 p.m. tip.