ELIZABETH CITY, N.C. - The Apprentice School women's basketball turned a first quarter deficit into a rout as they defeated Mid-Atlantic Christian 78-46 on Tuesday evening.
ON THE COURT: Trailing 19-16 after the first quarter, the Lady Builders hit their stride as they outscored the Mustangs by 12 in the second quarter to take a lead at the break. The Lady Builders continued their momentum with a 23-7 third quarter and ended the game with a solid fourth quarter as they snapped a two-game losing streak.
BEHIND THE BOX SCORE:
- Alexis Wethington and Aquazia Jones led all scorers with 22 points apiece.
- Aquazia Jones knocked down five three-pointers en route to her game-high 22 points. She also added 11 rebounds and had six steals.
- Alexis Wethington grabbed 18 rebounds with her 22 points. She added a team-high six assists.
- Sabre Clegg notched a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
- Taylor McCaslin also scored in double figures with 10 points.
- The Lady Builders held the Mustangs to 27% shooting and forced 22 turnovers.
- The Lady Builders outrebounded the Mustangs 58-42.
The Lady Builders return home for a three-game homestand beginning Saturday, January 26th as they host Johnson & Wales in an EMAC matchup.